Anxiety comes in various forms, including panic attacks, obsessive thoughts, social phobia, incessant worrying, constant fear, unending stress, incapacitating phobias, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). If you suffer from any of these or other forms of anxiety, it likely affects all aspects of your personal life, your relationships, your schooling, and your career.
Don’t Let Anxiety Hold You Back From the Life You Want
Anxiety can make it hard to accomplish the things you want in your life and achieve your goals. Chronic anxiety can also take the joy out of life, causing you to miss out on things you might otherwise enjoy due to the limitations you put on yourself in order to avoid anxiety-provoking situations. Overall, anxiety can make you live in a constant state of fear – fear of the things you are afraid of, or fear of the anxiety itself.
Fortunately, therapy can help you conquer your anxiety. In individual counseling, we will utilize different therapeutic approaches and work together to:
- Learn simple yet powerful techniques that can help you feel grounded and not let yourself high-jacked by anxiety.
- Identify your negative thoughts and what is causing them.
- Learn how to recognize an anxiety attack physically.
- Show you how to analyze the thoughts that trigger your anxiety and learn how to challenge them.
- Learn concrete and healthy coping skills to help reduce an anxiety attack.
- Learn how to diminish your fears and not let them grab a hold of you.
- Replace your negative thoughts with more accurate, positive thoughts.
Build Your Confidence and Reduce Stress
In addition, we can work on other issues in your life that may also lead to anxiety, including how to deal with social situations, stressful situations, personal and work related conflict, and confrontation. By strengthening your self-confidence and finding ways to lower your overall stress, you will reduce the chances of experiencing additional anxiety in your life.
Email or call me today at 410-949-1238 and tell me about the challenges you are dealing with so together we can find healthy resolutions. One of my goals is helping individuals work through their challenges and build a strong foundation for their future. Let me help you too.