The expatriate experience can be an exciting one and also a challenging one. Expatriates deal with a wide range of emotions and issues— some of which can naturally be expected, while others can surprise you.
To determine if you would benefit from counseling, see if any of the following applies to your situation.
- Are you experiencing stress and anxiety about moving or while living abroad?
- Are you having trouble fitting in with others either in the immediate expat community or local culture?
- Is your relationship with your spouse, partner or child deteriorating and you feel like you’ve tried everything yet nothing really helps?
- Are you or your loved ones feeling lonely or depressed in your new country?
- Do you or your spouse suffer from the “trailing spouse” syndrome to the point that it is negatively affecting yourself or your relationship?
- Are your loved ones affected by an evacuation?
- Do your loved ones feel the stress of uncertainty about what will be the next daunting thing in your lives?
- Is your work suffering due to feelings of stress, anxiety, or depression?
- Have you been abroad for so long that you feel disconnected from your home?
- Are you ready to start settling down, but are unsure whether you should return home or consider your new country home?
- Do you just need someone to talk to about other issues related to your expat experience?
If any of these apply, or you have other issues you would like to discuss, we are here to help. Whether you are preparing to live abroad or are already living abroad, we can assist you in dealing with all of the emotions, issues, and challenges that you and your loved ones are experiencing.
As someone who has travelled extensively and lived away from home most of my adult life, I possess a unique personal ability to feel compassion, as well as empathy, for those struggling with the emotional hardship that may come with an expatriate style of living. I know how hard it is to be away from home and I offer online therapy for those who struggle with the challenges of living abroad.
In my work, I utilize different therapy options to find the one that works the best for you and for your family. If you have already moved abroad, I offer online counseling using VSee (a free and better video-platform than Skype) so we can connect no matter where you currently reside. This way, we can connect across the globe and time zones to work on improving your and your loved one’s emotional well being.
Email us today to see if expatriate counseling is the right fit for your current needs. One of our professional goals is to help expatriates and their families adjust to and thrive in their new lives. Let us help you, too.