No matter how strong the spark you felt for your partner or spouse was in the beginning, it can begin to fade throughout the years. Many couples find it difficult to reignite this spark and maintain their relationship, often times calling it quits before giving their relationship a chance.
Even the Strongest of Couples Can Fall Out of Love
There are many reasons why couples begin to fall out of love with each other.
- As the years pass by, you and your partner will continue to grow as individuals, which may lead one or both of you to believe that the other is a completely different person from when you first met. You may feel the spark between the two of you is gone.
- You and your partner will set new goals and take up new hobbies that may not involve each other, thus taking your time away from your time spent together.
- Couples with children may begin to focus more on them and less on each other.
- The support system (friends and family) that helped remind you of how great of a couple you once were may no longer be available.
- Along the way, you may begin to experience communication problems that lead to emotional disconnection, intimacy problems, jealousy, and even infidelity.
If you and your partner are starting to feel like you are falling out of love, couples counseling can help you find your way to each other again. Through Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), a short-term yet evidence-based approach, we can assist couples in connecting emotionally, increasing intimacy, resolving communication issues, and igniting the spark that brought you together in the first place.
Stop Wondering Whether Your Relationship Can Be Saved – and Save It
Stop suffering from the pain of wondering whether you and your partner will be able to reconnect and become a loving couple again. Couples counseling can help you begin your path back to a healthy and emotionally stable relationship!
Email or call us today at 410-949-1238 and tell us about your relationship so that, together, we can find healthy resolutions to your challenges. One of our goals is to help couples reconnect and rediscover their love. Let us help you, too.